Pages

March 13, 2011

10 Songs About Love

In an earlier post I wrote "Most things in life are personal but music seems to be the closest thing to universal expression we've created." It's hard to describe a lot of feelings in words and expressing love is probably one of the hardest to really explain. It's something that makes what would be a chore into a mission, and seems to make everything else matter a bit less. It is a personal feeling but below you'll find ten musical attempts at trying to express it. While maybe not the "best" ten, these selections from different genres and eras try to get the point across in different ways. I think if you've been in love before then at least one of these songs will have some resonance with you.

I Got You Babe- Sonny and Cher


Let's Stay Together- Al Green


I Walk The Line- Johnny Cash


First Day of My Life- Bright Eyes


Maybe I'm Amazed- Wings/Paul McCartney


Tell Her About It- Billy Joel


I Could Not Ask For More- Edwin McCain



And I Love Her- The Beatles


Such Great Heights- Iron and Wine (Postal Service Cover)


I Want You To Want Me- Cheap Trick



No comments:

Post a Comment