Not a big deal but if you want to get in touch with me you'll have to tweet @GeoffBCampbell from now on. That is all.
April 14, 2012
April 9, 2012
Mount Allison is hiring a Communications Assistant for the summer May 23-End of August. It's the job I've had for nearly a year now and it has been an incredible experience. If you're a Mount Allison student and you're here for the summer I highly recommend you apply. Applications are due a week from today, Monday, April 16th.
Communications Assistant — Student Opportunity
Mount Allison University Marketing and Communications Office
We invite applications from current Mount Allison University students for consideration for the position of Communications Assistant in the Marketing and Communications office.This position will be a full-time (35 hours/week) position beginning May 23 until the end of August, with the possibility of part-time employment (10 hours/week) during the academic year.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Have exceptional research skills
· Be able to work with different types of media — print, video, web, social, etc.
· Be a self-starter
· Be able to work independently and as part of a small team
· Be well organized and able to work in a time-sensitive environment
· Experience in communications/journalism is an asset
· Research and write articles for various Mount Allison University publications (print and online), which entails interviewing people in person and/or by phone/electronically
· Organize/file management documents for office projects
· Assist in media monitoring and analysis
· Monitor and update social media channels
· Source photos for University publications and external requests
· Assist with media/communications events
· Other duties as assigned
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to: Melissa Lombard, Brand Officer (email@example.com) by Monday, April 16, 2012. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note ‘Communications Assistant’ in subject line when applying.